192 channels = four PM5D(-RH) uni-directionally cascaded
- Only the last console (Console D in the illustration below from Owner's Manual p.226) has audio mixed from every unit.
- Some of functions, such as Scene Recall/Store, DCA, and Mute group, can be linked but no total remote control from one console to the others. Which means you need to go to the console to change the parameter.
- Needs enough space to put them all....
144 channels = one PM5D(-RH) and two DSP5D bi-directionally cascaded
- Every unit may have audio mixed from every unit (bi-directional audio flow between the three)
- Just one control surface to control all of those 144 input channels
- Most of the functions are linked to offer an easier operation experience with an integrated 144 channel system instead of with three 48 channel systems.
- Smaller footprint. Furthermore, the DSP5Ds could be setup on stage.